Coconuts rightfully fall under the heading of superfoods. In addition to the delicious taste, the coconuts are also praised for numerous healthy properties. You can take coconut in various ways, for example in the form of coconut oil, coconut blossom sugar, coconut water, coconut chips, coconut milk, coconut flour and coconut grater. Not to mention pieces of fresh coconut meat! Coconut products are not only very healthy, but are also real beauty products!
Add all the ingredients for the smoothie in the blender and blend well until you have an even mixture. The smoothie should not be too thin, then the ingredients will not stay on it nicely. So be careful when adding the coconut milk. Pour the smoothie into a bowl and finish the smoothie with the toppings of your choice.
10 benefits of Coconut
1. Good for metabolism and fat burning Coconut oil stimulates and regulates metabolism and increases fat burning.
2. Supports the immune system Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid which works very powerfully against bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
3. Promotes a healthy heart Coconut has a positive effect on balanced cholesterol. It increases good HDL cholesterol and lowers substances in the bloodstream that can cause inflammation.
4. Gives you instant energy supports your sports performance The fats from coconut oil are immediately used by the body as an energy source and therefore the body will not store it as fat. A real energy boost!
5. Improves digestion Coconut oil is easily absorbed and digested by the body compared to other fats. It also ensures an improved absorption of essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
6. Good for skin and hair Coconut oil contains moisturizing and nourishing properties that promote the elasticity of skin, hair and nails and keep them intact. As a result, coconut oil has an anti-aging effect on the skin.
7. Increases cell regeneration Because your metabolism also accelerates, old cells are replaced faster by your body with newer, healthier cells.
8. Ensures stable blood sugar levels Due to the satiating effect of coconut oil, it can reduce the craving for refined carbohydrates and processed foods. As a result, you have fewer peaks and troughs in your blood sugar level.
9. Stimulates the production of muscle mass during (strength) training Coconut contains tissue-building properties that are important in building muscle mass. Through the combination of strength training and consuming coconut, you can lower your fat percentage while increasing your muscle mass. This will increase your resting metabolism and you will burn more calories!
10. Ideal for baking During heating of regular oils such as olive oil, trans fatty acids can form or other fatty compounds that the body can hardly digest and put excess strain on the body. Due to the stable nature of coconut oil, no toxic compounds are created when it is heated and therefore you put less strain on your body.
-15% for BWB members
on the first order
for orders above 60€
1 – 2 days in the Benelux and 3 – 5 days for the rest of Europe
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
This cookie is set by Google and is used to distinguish users.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.
The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.